Monday, August 4, 2014

New Security System, $7.48

I was mowing the sidewalk the other day--yes, the sidewalk,
when I glanced to my right.  Ahhh! I'd forgotten to announce my new security system. Now, I know a lot of you have ADT, Honeywell, Brinks, etc., but I'm sure you're paying way more than my new system. Take a gander.
 I call it the, 'Don't come to my front door after dark, Sucka!" Security System. Note how it's cleverly disguised as a DIY project by an individual who either hasn't enough bricks, mortar, or know-how to finish the project, or perhaps all three. (Hmmm. I resemble that remark.)

Notice the clean lines, and the rotting leaves and rubbage that will  convince any judge that, "I was just working on a project!"

What's more is the low price. For only . . . calculating . . . $7.48, you can purchase this advanced system. Does it appear to be ineffective against repetitive stranger visits after dark? Well, that's the beauty of it. You can rearrange it hundreds of times, altering it's design and location with little effort. Strangers with flashlights couldn't possible hope to catch every brick.

As a matter of fact, it'll trip up some of your good friends as well.  Perhaps even unannounced family members. It'll tumble people who know it's there! Besides, with the addition of a few five-gallon buckets filled with water, and a discarded clothes line rope, it's virtually impenetrable. Do those additions seem to make the price unattainable for you? Never fear!  If you order now, I'll throw in the old buckets and weathered clothes line, FOR FREE!

This reminds me of my Christian attitude.  I catch myself arranging bricks in a new security system called, "You ain't gonna get to me, Sucka!"  Now I sometimes disquise it as, "guarding my heart," which is a Biblical precept. Ps. 40: 23 says, "Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life."  

Yeah, but sometimes I just don't want to mix with people, don't have the time, or I'm in my hermit mode, so I alter that wonderful verse that tells me to not allow the worldly things to come in and steal my eternal joy, Your precious Gift. Yeesh.

Yes, my agenda often gets in the way of what God has chosen for me to do that day, that hour, that minute.  I let people fall by the wayside because I got way too much going on. So, I rearrange the bricks. Click, out goes the light. Have a nice trip this fall!

I have to constantly remind myself to be available. Help others. Love others. Even those pesky neighbors who walk through my yard.

Love your neighbor as yourself.

Not just words. Sigh. Fine.  Help me put up the bricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment